There are many positive qualities about my job. First of all, you have the name (which, for my own sanity, I'm not going to mention). When I tell people where I work I get a generally good response. Things like "wow", "that's awesome", "lucky you", or more often than not, "what is that?".
Most of the year I do consider myself to be quite lucky. My job has put me in a position to learn about many different companies, get into the nitty-gritty of financial statements, the networking opportunities are outstanding. What could be the problem?
I just don't think I'm cut out for this work for the long haul. I want a family. I want a life. While I get decent flexibility the majority of the year, for the 3 months that are dubbed "busy season" my life is a seemingly endless, miserable, black hole.
I hope that the coming months brighten my attitude. Maybe this was just an especially brutal busy season? It could be the new role I was in, the pressure of studying for my exam (one more left!), working 80 hours a week. It's hard to narrow it down, really.
On a much more uplifting note, now that busy season has officially ended, I am allowed to take VACATION! Starting tomorrow, Ryan and I are off to the Cowboy State! I'm so excited to visit Wyoming! It will be nice going there with Ryan too, since he was born there and all. It will be like my own personal tour guide!
We have quite a bit on our list of things to-do:
- 12 hour drive from KC to Deadwood, SD where we'll stay the night
- Next morning, off to see Devil's Tower. I've been here before, but it's been SO LONG ago I barely remember. Plus, it was during my "I'm-too-cool-for-sight-seeing-because-I'm-14-and-know-everything" phase. I've found it's actually quite nice visiting these places again, now that I'm older and have more appreciation.
- After Devil's Tower we'll be touring a couple small towns where Ryan lived throughout his childhood - Gillette and Sheridan
- Next, we're making our way to Thermopolis. We'll only be here one night most likely. Should be fun though - I've never been in a natural hot spring before!
- For the next few days we'll be staying in Jackson Hole. We got an amazing deal on a resort hotel nestled in the mountains! I can't wait! (This is our hotel)
- From Jackson Hole, we'll head back East to Casper. Ryan still has quite a bit of family in this area, so we'll be doing the family thing for a couple days before making the 12 hour drive back.
Here's a pictorial view for those of you that like that sort of thing
I've recently learned that the winter season lags on a little longer in Wyoming, much to my dismay. Unfortunately, this means we won't be visiting Yellowstone. I guess the roads are all closed until the middle of May because of snow! YIKES!
|About 2,400 miles round trip!!|
However, I won't let a little snow ruin my time. And truth be told, I think the mountain setting would look quite nice with a little snow around!
I will be sure to post pictures once we're back!