Friday, June 3, 2011

The first is to show she's taken, the second is for decoration

Like how I rhyme? If you are clever, or if you know me inreallife, you know what I'm talking about. That's right folks, I'm engaged! (And in case you still don't get it - the title is referring to rings. The engagement ring and wedding band).

It happened on April 5th. A beautiful, warm, snowy, afternoon during our amazingly fun vacation to Wyoming (a post on this coming soon).  It all started the night before THE DAY. We had a spectacular deal on a condo through Priceline. The condo was in Jackson Hole, a town situated in a valley, surrounded by mountains. A wonderful place, I tell ya!

We low-landers had very little clue that winter carries on in the mountains well into April, so most of our trip consisted of snowy, wet, and cold days.

Side Note: This type of weather is much easier to swallow when surrounded by the natural beauty of snow-covered pines and mountains soaring into the sky.


So in order to keep warm an effort to be romantic-like, we spent our first evening in Jackson Hole, buried in our condo, with a roaring fire. The fire. Ah, the fire. This fire I speak of was built by this guy:

"I am MAN. I make 5-second fire"

He was all about the Boy Scout 5 second fire. Although it took slightly longer than 5 seconds to ignite, the fire was great. We roasted marshmallows and made s'mores. It was a good time. 'Round about... oh who am I kidding? Time was not a factor this vacation. We slept when we felt like it, woke when we were no longer tired. Now that's my kind of vacation. So at some point during the moontime, we ventured off to sleep. We awoke the next morning to falling snow. We decided to hang out in the condo a little while longer, in hopes of the snow letting up. While we waited, Ryan made some breakfast - bacon and eggs, in case you were wondering. Eventually the weather leveled out and we left to explore.

The ENTIRE day before, Ryan had been so obsessed with this park. I had no clue what he was talking about. I have this small problem with only half-listening sometimes. I don't mean to do it. I dont' even realize it until there is an awkward pause and I see him staring at me, waiting for my response. So when we arrived at the park the next day, I couldn't quite recall why he wanted to come here. It was snowing... big, wet, snow flakes falling from the sky. Not too cold though, maybe in the mid-forties? Maybe I'm being generous. That's neither here nor there. Back to the story.

The park is located in the center of town, and at each entrance there's an arch made of antlers.

Yep, that's me! Little did I know what was about to happen
I don't remember the name of this park at this moment. It was quite cute though! I also did not take pictures of the engagement happening, or even recently after. I was basically in shock. I mean, I KNEW it was coming... we had practically planned the wedding out (well, loosely planned) before we went on vacation. However, I had no idea WHEN it would happen.

There wasn't a long speech, or gushy-mushy goo; it was purely "Will you marry me?" and "Yes". Well, he also told me to "Turn around" while he got down on one knee. And then to "Okay, turn back around now". It was ADORABLE. And if you notice the ground there - yeah, the ground covered in snow and slush. He got his jeans all wet when he knelt down.

I couldn't have pictured it any other way. I love him so much!

Immediately after - Trying to show off my ring!

More pictures from the vacation coming soon!

No comments: